So, what is Wealthy Affiliate really about? It claims to offer you a way to create your own profitable affiliate marketing business online.
Is Wealthy Affiliate:
- An MLM, Ponzi, Pyramid Scheme?
- Something you’ve never heard of?
In this review, I’m going to show you what it is and give my opinion so you can decide for yourself what it’s about.
No one wants to be duped or manipulated into giving away their hard earned money to schemes and scams promising much but delivering very little or sometimes nothing at all.
Before unveiling Wealthy Affiliate to you, please allow me to reveal myself.
I am a member of Wealthy Affiliate! Yep!…Since 2015.
Don’t run away!…LOL!
I think it’s best you know. Transparency is best, in my opinion.
I will do my best to be unbiased. 🙂
That being said, let’s jump into it so you can decide for yourself what Wealthy Affiliate is about..
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Owners: Kyle Loudon and Carson Lim
Price: FREE Starter / Premium – $49/month|$359/yearly
Rating: 9.7 out of 10
Who and What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Founded by Kyle and Carson, Wealthy Affiliate started in 2005 as a keyword SEO tool that has now grown into an expansive multi-service platform offering in-house social media, hosting, domains, SEO tools, training, blogging, and live classes.
In addition, Wealthy Affiliate provides direct access to a host of successful entrepreneurs sharing their knowledge, support and experience with the user.
How Does Wealthy Affiliate Work?
The main focus of Wealthy Affiliate is teaching and mentoring users on the process of earning money online utilizing affiliate marketing by doing the following:
- Finding an interest/niche
- Creating a keyword rich website related to that topic
- Driving quality traffic to that website
- Showing you how to MONETIZE that traffic!
Your journey begins with a full-course step-by-step training taught by Kyle. He virtually takes you by the hand walking you through the process of building a lucrative business online. Informative videos and interactive discussions accompany each lesson within the training.
Wealthy Affiliate offers an abundance of relevant information and training on various ways to expand on the profitability of your website, such as:
- SEO Keyword Traffic Strategies
- PPC (Pay-Per-Click) Advertising
- Social Media Marketing
- YouTube Marketing
Even more vital information can be found within the training, derived from other successful marketer members and also in the weekly LIVE CLASSES inside Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate Tools and Training
Take a look at some of what Wealthy Affiliate offers:
- Personal Mentoring
- Engaging Supportive Community – No SPAM Environment,
- Support – Via Live Chat, SiteSupport, Q & A Platform,
- Weekly Live Classes (Webinars)
- Ambassadorship Program – Incentives for top helpers,
- Online Entrepreneur Certification Training – Step-By-Step detailed training.
- Affiliate Boot Camp Training – WA Affiliate Program Promotion,
- Networking – With Top internet marketers,
- In-House Blogging Platform – Share more about you. Encourage others.
- Hosting Platform – Fast and Secure
- Secure Domains – Private Information Protected.
- Building Websites – Website Builder.
- Website Performance Tools (SiteRubix)
- Site Content Writing Platform – Fast Google Indexing.
- Premiere Keyword Research Tool – JAAXY.
You’re Not Alone! – Wealthy Affiliates Warm Engaging Community
Have you ever been part of a program or community full of people but you felt lost, alone and confused?
Comprised of over 800,000 members from 195 countries, Wealthy Affiliate’s social media platform is designed to prevent this from happening to the user.
A few years ago, when I joined, upon first entering Wealthy Affiliate, within minutes a message from my sponsor arrived followed by a message from Kyle, one of the owners of Wealthy Affiliate.
I immediately began communicating with my sponsor along with getting help with building my website.
In addition, warm messages from Wealthy Affiliate members began to trickle in welcoming me to the community.
Communication within Wealthy Affiliate is done through the following methods:
- In-house Social Media platform
- Blogging platform
- Live Chat (see image below)
- Q & A
- Personal Mentoring
What About Wealthy Affiliate’s Personal Mentoring?
Upon joining, you will most likely have a sponsor. This person will be your personal mentor. Depending on the involvement of your sponsor will determine the amount of help you will get from him or her.
As previously mentioned, through the social media platform at Wealthy Affiliate, many members form relationships finding support and mentorship from other members, via weekly live classes and asking questions in live chat.
Wealthy Affiliate has an abundance of available already successful entrepreneurs more than willing to help you. Wealthy Affiliates Ambassadorship Program offers incentives to individuals who assist other members creating an atmosphere where no one is left behind.
In addition, you will be personally greeted by one of Wealthy Affiliate’s owners, Kyle. In my experience, Kyle has been surprisingly accessible and very helpful despite managing Wealthy Affiliate with its thousands of members.
Shortcomings of Wealthy Affiliate
- A HUGE amount of information. If not focused, you will get lost or possibly overwhelmed. Many members have complained of being lost and confused. Many give up and quit.
- The social media platform can be a distraction. Building a relationship with other entrepreneurs is great; however, it can become an addiction that may prohibit you from concentrating on building your business.
- On some occasions, you may come across outdated training. With the huge amount of information within Wealthy Affiliate, it seems sometimes it’s difficult to keep up with the constant changes taking place in the internet marketing realm. However, oftentimes, answers can be found in the community and in the weekly training classes.
- Though convenient and possessing some powerful tools, the Site-Content platform still, in my opinion, needs improvement. Sometimes it has hiccups with stalls and formatting problems.
- Within the community, a large number of members are quick to trash other platforms and programs in their website reviews and social media comments. I agree on some, but, in my opinion, calling almost all other programs a scam just to promote Wealthy Affiliate, displays a lack of integrity. If Wealthy Affiliate is really that good, it should be able to stand on its own. No need to make reckless comments and reviews.
- The email program (if you own a domain) is sort of disappointing for me. When attempting to set it up, on my iPhone, I get a message telling me the “security certificate is not valid.” II can only fully utilize email on my iPhone unsecured (SSL off). There’s a way to use it securely; however, you can only receive email not send it. Funny, I have no problems like this when setting up any of my other email accounts on my iPhone
Wealthy Affiliate Praiseworthy Aspects
- Outstanding Support – I’ve always received answers within minutes and issues quickly resolved.
- Supportive Community – If you’re willing to reach out, you’re never alone.
- Instant Access To Industry Leaders – Real people doing it well and willing to teach you.
- Access To The Owners – Kyle and Carson are very involved and transparent.
- No Spam Environment – No self-promotion allowed. Not tolerated! Reporting tools available for members to identify and inform the admin.
- No Upsells – Ever had this happen? You pay to join a program. They want more money to get greater access. Then more money for additional items…Then another!…And another until you finally realize you’re being ripped-off…Uggh! In the beginning, you will receive a few messages reminding you that your seven day trial period is about to end. From that point on, you will not be hassled. Wealthy Affiliate has one upgrade option with access to everything.
So, What Do I Think About Wealthy Affiliate?
My personal experience with Wealthy Affiliate began on a high note but soon after took a nose dive. Nothing to do with the effectiveness of Wealthy Affiliate but everything to do with my inability to apply myself.
My lack of focus (chasing the shiny new object), being inconsistent and not believing in myself prevented me from doing well. Can you identify with this struggle?
Thankfully, I didn’t give up. Once I overcame myself, the magic happened.
Much of what I’ve learned in Wealthy Affiliate, I’ve utilized to grow my Youtube channel and health-related niche website.
Wealthy Affiliate is far from perfect. Yet, I believe Wealthy Affiliate provides EVERYTHING needed to make you a successful affiliate marketer online.
With the information given here, it’s clear that Wealthy Affiliate is not MLM, ponzi or pyramid scheme. And if you didn’t before, you have now heard of it.
Here are four things I found most helpful in Wealthy Affiliate:
- Intense Education – Detailed training with real-world application and follow-up.
- Quality Resources – Info, Info, Info….did I say Info…LOL! Especially, the weekly live classes. Always packed with fresh ideas and new strategies.
- Top Notch Tools – Alone, the hosting, domains and SEO tools are more than worth the price of membership.
- Caring Community – Having a mastermind group is beneficial. Sharing your ideas and learning from others. Sharing your experiences as you learn from others and they learn from you.
- My Personal Mentor who is my sponsor – He has given great support, valuable advice and encouraged me throughout my growing process of learning to earn online.
Wealthy Affiliate offers many great things; however, there’s one thing it’s missing and will never be able to offer…YOUR EFFORT.
I highly recommend you take a look at Wealthy Affiliate.
Begin with the FREE “Starter” Membership here. Test drive the platform to see for yourself if it’s right for you.
(No credit card or personal info required to start your free membership)
If you have any questions, need any help, please let me know by leaving a comment below.
Thank you for lending me your time!
Many blessings to you,