What is Wealthy Affiliate All About? Hmm?
In this review, I’m going to show you what Wealthy Affiliate is about and give my honest and experienced opinion.
No one wants to be duped or manipulated into giving away their hard earned money to schemes and scams promising much but delivering very little or sometimes nothing at all.
With this information, you can decide for yourself whether Wealthy Affiliate is something worthwhile for you to look into.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase I will receive a commission. The price you pay is not affected.
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Owners: Kyle Loudon and Carson Lim
Price: FREE Starter / Premium – $49 mo| $459 yr / Premium Plus $99 mo | $995 yr
Who’s Behind Wealthy Affiliate?
Founded by Kyle and Carson, Wealthy Affiliate started in 2005 as a keyword SEO tool that has now grown into an expansive program offering, online marketing training courses, secure hosting and domains, SEO research tools, live video classes, an in-house social media platform and much more.
In addition, Wealthy Affiliate provides direct access to a host of successful entrepreneurs sharing their knowledge, support and experience.
How Does Wealthy Affiliate Work?
The main focus of Wealthy Affiliate is teaching and mentoring users on the process of earning money online utilizing affiliate marketing by doing the following:
- Finding an interest/niche
- Creating a keyword rich website related to that topic
- Driving quality traffic to that website
- Showing you how to MONETIZE that traffic!
Your journey begins with a full step-by-step course taught by Kyle. Kyle walks you through the process of building an authority affiliate website. Informative videos and interactive discussions accompany each lesson within the training.
Wealthy Affiliate offers an abundance of relevant information and training on various ways to expand on the profitability of your website, such as:
- SEO Keyword Traffic Strategies
- PPC (Pay-Per-Click) Advertising
- Social Media Marketing (YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
Even more vital information can be found within the training created by other successful members sharing their insight and tips.
Also, much can be learned in the weekly LIVE CLASSES within Wealthy Affiliate.
Wealthy Affiliate Tools and Training
- Online Entrepreneur Certification Training – Getting started Step-By-Step detailed training.
- Affiliate Boot Camp Training-WA Affiliate Program Promotion training.
- Support – Via Live Chat or Q&A on the Social Media/Blogging Platform, and Site Support.
- Weekly Live and Recorded Video Classes – Taught by successful online marketing experts
- Networking – Connect with expert internet marketers,
- Website Hosting and Domains – Fast and Secure
- Website Builder – WordPress website creator
- Site Content Writing Platform – Helps with fast Google Indexing.
- JAAXY – Premiere Keyword Research Tool
–>Online Entrepreneur Certification Training
The Wealthy Affiliate Online Entrepreneur Certification is the starting point at Wealthy Affiliate. From here, the Wealthy Affiliate user is connected to all aspects of Wealthy Affiliate.
The Wealthy Affiliate Online Entrepreneur Certification Training is a 5 phase 50 lesson (10 lessons each phase) course.
Here you will begin the process of:
- Choosing a passion, hobby or interest.
- Learning the process of building a WordPress website.
- How to attract visitors to your website.
- Making your website profitable.
Below is an example of the first phase of courses.
- Lessons include video instruction along with textual script.
- At the end of each lessons are assigned tasks so you get the feel of doing and getting results.
- There’s also a comment discussion section for getting assistance and chatting with other members.
If you’re having trouble choosing a niche within the Online Entrepreneur Certification Training, there’s the option to take part in the Affiliate Bootcamp.
Affiliate Bootcamp classes are set-up similar to the Online Entrepreneur Certification Training. The difference is, Affiliate Bootcamp teaches creating a website in the MMO (Make Money Online niche) geared specifically on how to make money promoting Wealthy Affiliate and other MMO programs.
Wealthy Affiliate Community
Have you ever been part of a program or community full of people but you felt lost, alone and confused?
Comprised of over 800,000 members from 195 countries, the social media platform within Wealthy Affiliate ensures you stay connected to others.
A few years ago, when I joined, upon first entering Wealthy Affiliate, within minutes a message from my sponsor arrived followed by a message from Kyle, one of the owners of Wealthy Affiliate.
I immediately began communicating with my sponsor along with getting help with building my website.
In addition, warm messages from Wealthy Affiliate members began to trickle in welcoming me to the community.
Communication within Wealthy Affiliate is done through the following methods:
- Live Chat (see example below)
- Q & A platform
- Contact Site Support
- Private Message
- Blogging Platform
LIVE CHAT EXAMPLE BELOW:
What About Personal Mentoring?
Upon joining, you will, in most cases, have a sponsor. Depending on the involvement of your sponsor will determine the amount of help you will get from him or her. There’s no guarantee your sponsor will personally mentor you.
Through the social media/blogging platform at Wealthy Affiliate, many members form relationships finding support and mentorship from other members, via social interaction, weekly live classes and asking questions in live chat.
Wealthy Affiliate has an abundance of available already successful entrepreneurs more than willing to help you. Wealthy Affiliates Ambassador Program offers incentives to individuals who assist other members creating an atmosphere where no one is left behind.
In addition, you will be personally greeted by one of Wealthy Affiliate’s owners, Kyle. In my experience, Kyle has been surprisingly accessible and very helpful despite managing Wealthy Affiliate with its thousands of members.
Shortcomings of Wealthy Affiliate
- A HUGE amount of information. If not focused, you will get lost or possibly overwhelmed. Many members have complained of being lost and confused. Many give up and quit.
- The social media platform can be a distraction. Building a relationship with other entrepreneurs is great; however, it can become an addiction that may prohibit you from concentrating on building your business.
- On some occasions, you may come across outdated training. With the huge amount of information within Wealthy Affiliate, it seems sometimes it’s difficult to keep up with the constant changes taking place in the internet marketing realm. Eventually, it is updated. Answers oftentimes, can be found in the community and in the weekly training classes.
- Though convenient and possessing some powerful tools, the Site-Content platform still, in my opinion, needs improvement. Sometimes it has hiccups with stalls and formatting problems.
- Within the community, a large number of members are quick to trash other platforms and programs in their website reviews and social media comments. I agree on some, but, in my opinion, calling almost all other programs a scam just to promote Wealthy Affiliate, displays a lack of integrity. If Wealthy Affiliate is really that good, it should be able to stand on its own. No need to make reckless comments.
Wealthy Affiliate’s Praiseworthy Aspects
- Outstanding Support – I’ve always received answers within minutes and issues quickly resolved.
- Supportive Community – ,You’re never alone. Jus ask a question and someone will answer.
- Instant Access To Industry Leaders – Real people doing it well and willing to teach you.
- Access To The Owners – Kyle and Carson are very involved and transparent.
- No Spam Environment – No self-promotion allowed. Not tolerated! Reporting tools available for members to identify and inform the admin.
My personal experience with Wealthy Affiliate began on a high note but soon after took a nose dive. Nothing to do with the effectiveness of Wealthy Affiliate but everything to do with my inability to apply myself.
My lack of focus (chasing the shiny new object), being inconsistent and not believing in myself prevented me from doing well. Can you identify with this struggle?
Thankfully, I didn’t give up. Once I overcame myself, the magic happened.
Much of what I’ve learned in Wealthy Affiliate, I’ve utilized to grow my Youtube channel and health-related niche website.
That being said, Wealthy Affiliate is far from perfect. Yet, I believe Wealthy Affiliate equips you with what is required to be a successful affiliate marketer online.
Wealthy Affiliate is not MLM, ponzi or pyramid scheme.
Here are four things I found most helpful in Wealthy Affiliate:
- Intense Education – Detailed training with real-world application and follow-up.
- Quality Resources – Info, Info, Info….did I say Info…LOL! Especially, the weekly live classes. Always packed with fresh ideas and new strategies.
- Top Notch Tools – Alone, the hosting, domains and SEO tools are more than worth the price of membership.
- Caring Community – Sharing your experience and ideas and learning from others. Also, getting support from the community.
- My sponsor – He has given great support, valuable advice and encouraged me throughout my growing process of learning to earn online.
I highly recommend you take a look at Wealthy Affiliate.
So, What Do You Think?
If you have any questions, need any help, please let me know by leaving a comment below.
Thank you for lending me your time!
Be Your Best and Be Blessed,